Glazed vegetables is something we usually eat in fine restaurants, but preparing them at home is really not difficult.
Carrots are easy but often overlooked side dish. You can find carrots in markets and shops all year round, they go well with both meat and fish dishes.
The stars of this glaze recipe are OPG Matulic maraschino aceto, honey and clementine juice.
½ kg of baby carrots
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons of maraschino aceto
a few sprigs of fresh thyme
Juice of 1 clementine
- Peel a carrot and put it to boil in boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Take the carrots out of the water and dry them.
- In a bowl, whisk together the clementine juice, maraschino aceto, honey, salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a pan and add the carrots. Turn it over several times in hot butter, then pour the acetate mixture into the pan.
- Turn the carrots over a medium heat, and the sauce will reduce under the influence of temperature and turn into a glaze. This process takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Tear off the thyme leaves and sprinkle them over the glazed carrots.
Maraska aceto is our new product. It was aged in wooden barrels for two years. It has a sweet and sour taste. You can use it for all kinds of salads, cold appetizers and for various desserts.